Review: Ultimate Companion for birding in Southern Africa

• Doug
  • Doug's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
3 years 2 months ago #86764 by Doug
Doug created the topic: Review: Ultimate Companion for birding in Southern Africa
I recently received my much-awaited copy of The Ultimate Companion for birding in Southern Africa. Having read much of the lead up the the release of this exciting work I could not wait to open the first of this two volume set and start paging through and enjoying the content.

As you slide the books out of the box the dust jackets give only a hint of the journey you are about to experience. The photography showcased in this book is truly spectacular. It is clear from the start that every effort has been made to source only the best photographs for each species. And it is not only the photographs themselves but the quality of the printing and paper that went into this book makes it a truly exhilarating experience for every level of birding enthusiast.

Beyond the images, there is detailed text on each species and maps derived from bird atlas project data adding to the overall magic of this two volume set.

Wether a nature lover with a general interest in birds of a true birding fanatic, your bird book collection would simply not be complete without this truly amazing work.

A huge congratulations to the authors, publishing staff and all the photographers who's work has made this book possible.

I am truly impressed.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• gordon
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
3 years 2 months ago #86765 by gordon
gordon replied the topic: Re: Review: Ultimate Companion for birding in Southern Afric
Sounds good!

Can you post some images of some of the pages?

Cheers,
Gordon

• Peregrinedive
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
3 years 2 months ago #86769 by Peregrinedive
Peregrinedive replied the topic: Re: Review: Ultimate Companion for birding in Southern Afric
Hi Doug,

I would also love to see some of the pages inside this new book.

Regards,
Abe