Kruger Park & Ngwenya - 100 photos in 6 days - Pt 2 (16-30)

• nkgray
  • nkgray's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 8 months ago #19503 by nkgray
nkgray created the topic: Kruger Park & Ngwenya - 100 photos in 6 days - Pt 2 (16-30)
I had to check the large flocks of Amur Falcon very carefully as every now and then a Lesser Kestrel would put in an appearance, this one a male

Always a good time of year for seeing the francolins, spurfowl and Helmeted Guineafowl with their young

You can't miss this one during the summer months in the Kruger - male Red-backed Shrike

A regular outside our chalet at Ngwenya- Southern Black Flycatcher

Tawny-flanked Prinia

Possibly the commonest large brown raptor in Kruger - Brown Snake-Eagle

Seemingly more widespread this year than previously - Lesser Grey Shrike

European Bee-Eater

White-fronted Bee-Eater

One of the more recognisable summer calls in the Kruger - Woodland Kingfisher

Southern Carmine Bee-Eater

juvenile Saddle-billed Stork

female Amur Falcon

Red-billed Oxpecker

Maybe the most photographed and certainly the most photogenic subject in the Kruger - Lilac-breasted Roller

Neil Gray

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Birdlover
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 8 months ago #19518 by Birdlover
Birdlover replied the topic: Re: Kruger Park & Ngwenya - 100 photos in 6 days - Pt 2 (16-30)
Neil explain your title please ( 100 photos in 6 days ? )

You really have some great photos in this series. Wish i could spend so much time in Kruger.

• nkgray
  • nkgray's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 8 months ago #19524 by nkgray
nkgray replied the topic: Re: Kruger Park & Ngwenya - 100 photos in 6 days - Pt 2 (16-30)
Philip,

With some of the guys trying to post 100 photos for 2010 and me being out of the country so much, I thought I'd try and cram my 100 into the 6-day Kruger trip. You tend to only photograph those subjects that will give good results, or better than you have for a particular species, and ignore many of the common species. I know that on most of my holidays these days it will be a rarity to photograph more than say 40 species. I just pretended that I had no photos and set out to photograph every bird that I saw - where possible of course.

So was the target realistically achievable or too ambitious, given that on a 6-day Kruger trip at this time of year I'd normally chalk up a list of somewhere between 180-210 species? keep following the posts to find out!

Neil

• tachiro
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 8 months ago #19574 by tachiro
tachiro replied the topic: Re: Kruger Park & Ngwenya - 100 photos in 6 days - Pt 2 (16-30)
great photos, I particularly like the female Amur Falcon.
Michael

• JGB
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 8 months ago #19651 by JGB
JGB replied the topic: Re: Kruger Park & Ngwenya - 100 photos in 6 days - Pt 2 (16-30)
The Amur Falcon photo rocks