Equipment rentals.

• Dave Shedman
  • Dave Shedman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 3 months ago #12369 by Dave Shedman
Dave Shedman created the topic: Equipment rentals.
The owners of our local Kodak Express franchise also run an equipment rental business, which I thought some of you may be interested in. You can renta cameras, lenses, teleconverters, flashes and other lighting equipment. They also do packages, one of which is a wildlife package. Most of it is out of my budget, a 500mm or 600mm Canon lens costing as much as R500 per day, but their 1.4x and 2x teleconverters are only R50 per day, so I'm thinking of trying that option on my next birding trip, though I realise the limitations of telecons.

Anyway, here's the link of anyone is interested.

<!-- w --> www.lensrental.co.za <!-- w -->

Ô¿Ô

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• sulamk
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 3 months ago #12371 by sulamk
sulamk replied the topic: Re: Equipment rentals.
Ask to check the telecoverter with your camera and lens before you hire it as canons have issues with some lenses and converters they just dont work. have you ever thought of getting an adapter and looking out for an old pentax m42 lens. the adapters cost about R380 from digital world online.

• Dave Shedman
  • Dave Shedman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 3 months ago #12372 by Dave Shedman
Dave Shedman replied the topic: Re: Equipment rentals.
Thanks Sandy.

I had planned to take the camera and lens with me when going to see about the teleconverter because I know there can be issues with some of them, especially since I have a non-Canon lens. As with all equipment issues, at the moment it comes down to money. I could probably afford the R380 for the adapter but I doubt if I could afford a lens too, which is why the idea of hiring a teleconverter for R50 seemed so appealing. The guys down at the shop seem pretty knowledgeable and they do Canon ones as well as generic ones so I'm sure they'd be able to offer me something that would work with my setup which, as you know, consists of an EOS 400D with Sigma 70-300mm APO DG lens.

How's life out in the sticks treating you these days?

Ô¿Ô