Updated Posting Pictures from Photobucket

• gordon
  • gordon's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
3 years 1 month ago #86984 by gordon
gordon created the topic: Updated Posting Pictures from Photobucket
Hi All,

Just a quick update for those wanting to post pictures from a hosting service like Photobucket.

First some background, when you post in a bulletin board and you share a link you need to tell the board that your link is an image. To do that you use the IMG tags on each side of the URL so it would be something like [img]URL.

These tags are part of a common board language called BBCode. behind the scenes BBCode translates easy to use tags into HTML (Hyper Text Markup Language) which in turn tells everyones browser that the link is an image and it should display the actual image.

Getting your images into Photobucket and posting them in the forum is relatively simple:
1. Log into your photobucket account and simply drag and drop the photos you want to share into photobucket. You will literally see the text drag and drop here...
2. Once the uploads have finished click on the view uploads button.
3. You will now see all your latest uploads displayed as thumbnails.
[img:1r2sx3ks] i33.photobucket.com/albums/d55/audi5e/Ph...ket1_zps71e1438b.jpg [/img:1r2sx3ks]

4. Mouse over the image you want to get the link for and you will see a small star appear on the top right of the thumbnail, mouse over that star/wheel and you will see a dropdown menu appear, select share links:
[img:1r2sx3ks] i33.photobucket.com/albums/d55/audi5e/Ph...over_zpsc31b93d2.jpg [/img:1r2sx3ks]

5. A window will appear with list of links to choose from, choose the last one that shows the IMG tag (when clicked it should automatically copy the link to your computer clipboard/memory, you will see it change to yellow and copied will appear briefly):
[img:1r2sx3ks] i33.photobucket.com/albums/d55/audi5e/Ph...hare_zps2ac498d5.jpg [/img:1r2sx3ks]

6. Go back to your forum post and simply past the link wherever you would like your image to appear in your forum post:
[img:1r2sx3ks] i33.photobucket.com/albums/d55/audi5e/Ph...aste_zps850d3bcd.jpg [/img:1r2sx3ks]

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Gordon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Valéry Schollaert
  • New member!
More
2 years 11 months ago #87111 by Valéry Schollaert
Valéry Schollaert replied the topic: Re: Updated Posting Pictures from Photobucket
Thank you Gordon! I'm wanting to post few pictures of storks I just took!

• gordon
  • gordon's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
2 years 11 months ago #87112 by gordon
gordon replied the topic: Re: Updated Posting Pictures from Photobucket
Welcome to the forum!

Just PM me if you have any issues posting.

Cheers,
Gordon