Scope

• Birdlover
  • Birdlover's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 6 months ago #4362 by Birdlover
Birdlover created the topic: Scope
Hi Guys

I want to buy the Bushnell Spacemaster ( 20-60 x 60mm ) spotting scope.
Does anybody own, or used this scope in the field? If so I would appreciate some feedback.

Cheers

Philip

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Doug
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 6 months ago #4365 by Doug
Doug replied the topic:
HI Phillip.

I have not used it myself nor heard of anyone using one. For the most part though, overall, like with binos, you get what you pay for. My overall advice to anyone buying a scope is to buy the most expensive one you can afford and that should ensure the best possible quuality for your money. (This is not a 100% hard a fast rule but generally if you adopt that approach you should do rather well)

Cheers.
Doug

• Birdlover
  • Birdlover's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 6 months ago #4367 by Birdlover
Birdlover replied the topic:
Doug / Gordon
The scope is one of the item you stock in the Simply Birding shop. Can't you guys do a field test on it and give some feedback. It might even spark some sales!!!

Spacemaster® 20-60x60 90-180 deg
Spotting Scopes
Model Magnification Objective Close Focus
78-7360 20-60x 60 20 ft.
Field of View
(ft@1000 ft. / m@1000 m) Exit Pupil (mm) Weight (oz. / g) Length (in / mm) Other Eyepieces Available
88/29.3@20x
40/13.3@60x 3@20x
1@60x 36.5/1022 14.5/368 N/A

Spacemaster Spotting Scopes
True ecstasy for the eyes often occurs when the rest of your body is screaming for reprieve. Our compact, collapsible Spacemaster® spotting scopes are ideal optics for those who realize this paradox regularly. With a telescoping design that packs down ultra-small, they’re easy to tote when the trail is a challenge. And your efforts are rewarded with bright, clear views through fully coated optics. Steady them with your hand using the “scope glove” or catch nature’s drive-in with the integrated window mount. • Features
• 15-45x zoom or 20-60x zoom
• Fully coated optics
• Exclusive multi-position eyepiece with infinite number of positions
• Extra-long eye relief (41mm)
• Rubberized surface finish
• Carrying case included

Cheers

Philip

• gordon
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 6 months ago #4369 by gordon
gordon replied the topic: Re: Scope
Hi Philip,

I am hoping to start getting some field tests done soon, starting with some of the Swarovski products.

Eventually we will be able to get round to testing some of the other manufacturers.

I am hoping to get my grubby little paws on one or two of the Pentax products as well.

We currently have just over 700 products available and more models coming out all the time, so it is enough to keep up with the orders and queries that are already coming in!

We may actually be looking soon to hire someone to help us with the orders, so that we can devote more time to running the other aspects of the site.

Cheers,
Gordon

• Francois
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 7 months ago #20241 by Francois
Francois replied the topic: Re: Scope
BUMP

Anyone used or tried out the Bushnell Spacemaster in the last nearly 3 years since the original post?