Digiscoping with Kowa's camera scope

• Johan van Rensburg
  • Johan van Rensburg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 11 months ago #3278 by Johan van Rensburg
Johan van Rensburg created the topic: Digiscoping with Kowa's camera scope
A new dawn for digiscoping has arrived with products from Kowa and Celestron. They anounced the fusion of a Spotting Scope and a Digital Camera, in my opinion Kowa has the best offering : Straight Viewing 55mm Spotting Scope with 10-30x Zoom Eyepiece and Integrated 3.1 MP Digital Camera.

See [url:3pqf95mn]http://www.opticsplanet.net/kowa-td1-digital-camera-spotting-scope.html[/url:3pqf95mn]

I am sure the spotting scope manufacturers will follow with even better offerings now that the ice has been broken. Expect to see 6 MP cameras on scopes with 20 - 60x zoom eye pieces and 80 mm objective lenses!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Johan van Rensburg
  • Johan van Rensburg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 11 months ago #3279 by Johan van Rensburg
Johan van Rensburg replied the topic:
I've just completed posting the previous post when I came accross a new product on the Zeiss website... looks very interesting. It's a combined eyepeice & 4mp camera for use with a Diascope, gives 40x on an 85FL and 30x on a 65FL. It comes complete with a cordless shutter release and looks like it could be very user friendly. The unit is fully waterproof and takes SD cards.

According to the website there will be a limited production of only 1000 units, I guess they're testing the water with it. No price yet, but launch expected in January nest year (2007). Assuming it works as it looks like it will it could be a great bit of kit. Should be very easy to take shots without disturbing viewing, looks like digiscoped flight shots would be much easier... It will be interesting to see what the shutter lag and fps rate are, as these could make or break it.

Check the Zeiss website for more info and some pictures...
[url:21yjlbt5]http://www.zeiss.co.uk/C12567A80033...12571C5004EAE5E[/url:21yjlbt5]

• Doug
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 11 months ago #3280 by Doug
Doug replied the topic:
Thjis new Zeiss product is available through SA hotspots so if you are interested, email us for a quote.

Cheers.
Doug