Sound processing software.

• Dave Shedman
  • Dave Shedman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 9 months ago #10579 by Dave Shedman
Dave Shedman created the topic: Sound processing software.
Doug, I just read your post from way back in 2005 about your bird call recording setup and I was wondering what software you use to process the sounds after you've recorded them. The reason I ask is that when I lived in Edinburgh I used to get the same traffic noise problems that you mentioned as I lived near a fairly busy road. However, I discovered that the software I used for my music recording had very good filters built in that could remove most of the traffic noise because it was generally much lower frequency than the sounds of the birds in my back garden. I use Adobe Audition (though it was still called CoolEdit Pro when I first got it) and I wondered what you used to clean up your recordings. I was recording with nothing more high-tech than a PC mic or sometimes the mic built into my digital camera but still managed some half decent recordings with a bit of post-production. I love using bird sounds in my more 'ambient' music so I must get round to recording some South African birds when I get back into writing music again.

Here are a couple of examples. The first one uses british birds:

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=3790243

This one uses a mix of British and South African birds:

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=4987292

Ô¿Ô

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Doug
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 9 months ago #10582 by Doug
Doug replied the topic: Re: Sound processing software.
I also use adobe Audition. It is about the best you can get for cleaning up bird call software. There are free apps for my Mac I have also now downloaded that can do similar things live in the field but overall I still Adobe Audition for just about everything.

Cheers,
Doug

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.