Wild Life Sound Recording Society for South Africa

• Doug
  • Doug's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 7 months ago #7608 by Doug
Doug created the topic: Wild Life Sound Recording Society for South Africa
HI all.

Neville Smithers of Brodan systems and I have been talking. We have both investigated membership of the international Wildlife Sound Recording Society.

We started thinking that there may be some value in setting up something like this specifically in South Africa.

My question to SA Birdnet is who of you doing recording out there would be interested in being a member of such a society in South Africa and what would you want out of such a body if you were a member?

Off hand we were thinking of things like:
- Some sort of newsletter - probably electronic as there is virtually no cost associated
- Regular reviews of equipment but that will depends on members to assist in reviewing their own equipment
- Access to advice from the society in equipment and recording techniques.
- Possibly the odd talk now and then from experts in various fields
- Possibly a should library that would be only available to members
- Recording outings hosted by people familiar in recording in that particular field. Being a wildlife and not just a bird recording society there might be specific weekends to records frogs, mammals, birds, insects etc etc etc.

Please email me if such a society would interest you and what you might like to get out of it if you were a member.

Regards,
Doug.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.