Duvha Powerstation 2555_2923

• Doug
  • Doug's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 5 months ago #7750 by Doug
Doug created the topic: Duvha Powerstation 2555_2923
This ia a very simple pentad to atlas.

There is very little birding that can be done other than along the roads. It is all private mine land.

The pentad starts on the road joining the R544 and the R575. As you pass the Entrance to Duvha Powerstation on your left, the pentad starts at the barbed wire fence right next to the road just after the entrance. At the t junction with the R575, left will take you all the way to midleburg mine (bhp billiotn) - 6th telephone polepast the entrance on your right is the one end. The other way past Lisedi village and go 100m past the engineering area just up the hill after the village.

The middle of the dam near lisedi is the other boundary.

Happy atlasing.
Cheers.
Doug

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pittaman
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 6 months ago #22422 by pittaman
pittaman replied the topic: Re: Duvha Powerstation 2555_2923
Hi Doug

How come you've given up atlasing ?

Best Regards

• Doug
  • Doug's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 6 months ago #22428 by Doug
Doug replied the topic: Re: Duvha Powerstation 2555_2923
HI Etienne.

Lilfe is like that.

With no less that two to three bird books in the pipeline at any one time, running simply birding after hours IT as a VERY busy day job as well as my involvement with Sasol eBirds and two massive projects I undertook for Ian Sinclair and Peter Ryan, 01h30 is my normal bed time 7 days a week WITHOUT atlasing, when all those big numbers of ORFs started to come in and I could not reply by email with motivation but had to print, fill out and scan/email back 15 ORF forms for one square alone, sadly it just became to much of an administrative nightmare given day job, simply birding, bird books, and other projects involving huge call libraries.

Well in short I had to prioritize my time.

I must say though I always enjoyed it and if I had more time would love to participate again but probably need my own PA at this stage to have any chance of atlasing.

In fact maybe I can get some one to sleep for me and then I have 01h30 to 06h00 to fit more into my day :D