Gold Creek Reservoir

• gordon
  • gordon's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
3 years 1 month ago #86882 by gordon
gordon created the topic: Gold Creek Reservoir
Was exploring Brookfield with my brother the other day and came across this entrance to the national park that extends up much of the western side of Brisbane. This part of the park is where the Gold Creek Reservoir is located.

The Reservoir was originally part of Brisbane's water supply and the spillway was the worlds first stepped dam wall every built.

There are lots of walking, cycling and horse riding trails leading off from this point and for birders it's an absolute paradise!

Since we had not planned on doing any walking and had not intended to go there we were not prepared properly with the result I did not have my camera, only my cellphone and we did also not have proper walking shoes on to follow the trails through the rain forest for any distance.

I did get some shots of the dam and one or two birds with my phone though...

List for the afternoon included a couple of lifers including Azure Kingfisher, Crimson Rosella, Eastern Whipbird, Pale-headed Rosella and Red-browed Finch!

And the two birds:

Willie Wagtail

Azure Kingfisher

I'll most definitely be going back to this spot very soon!!

Cheers,
Gordon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Doug
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
3 years 1 month ago #86889 by Doug
Doug replied the topic: Re: Gold Creek Reservoir
Looks like an awesome venue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - [url=http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1:2oi8yeqi]now Free[/url:2oi8yeqi]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.