Bishop Bird Park - for Garden Warblers and Blackcap !!??

• pittaman
  • pittaman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 1 month ago #59048 by pittaman
pittaman created the topic: Bishop Bird Park - for Garden Warblers and Blackcap !!??
Yesterday I completed my home pentad by visiting Bishop Bird Park in Centurion. This great little spot produced Chinspot Batis, Barn Swallow, Diederick Cuckoo, Brown-backed Honeybird, White-browed Scrub-Robin, Yellow Canary, Garden Warbler and African Reed Warbler (far from water!) as well as Jameson’s Firefinches and Blue Waxbill. This is probably the best place in the Gauteng region for Garden Warbler. For more info see p87 in the Chamberlain Guide to Birding Gauteng. Very difficult bird to Photograph.

European Blackcap has also been photographed in this little park !! (two summers ago) However the news only came out 6 months later when he looked through his photos.

PS I'm running my 8th Beginners Bird Identification Course next weekend and have some places. For more info see: [url:3oozgm6t]http://www.birding.co.za/courses.htm[/url:3oozgm6t]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 1 month ago #59060 by mdelport
mdelport replied the topic: Re: Bishop Bird Park - for Garden Warblers and Blackcap !!??
I definitely intend going birding there sometime soon. I still need a quite few of those on my Gauteng list.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.