Bird trip from cape Town to Wakkerstroom area.

• Birdlover
  • Birdlover's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 7 months ago #20910 by Birdlover
Birdlover created the topic: Bird trip from cape Town to Wakkerstroom area.
My wife and I had to travel to Johannesburg for a 60 th birthday bash ( My wife's sister ) We travelled to Brandvlei first to hunt for the Red Lark. We then camped 3 days at Augrabies. After leaving my wife with her sister to help arrange the party , I met up with Maans Booysen. The idea was to pick up all the specials i still needed in the Wakkerstroom , Memel, Witsieshoek ( Sentinal pass ) and Goldengate National Park.
I wrote up a long Bird Report with the birds seen on our trip. ( If interested you can read it on my Website http://sabirds.synthasite.com/ )

This is some of the landscape , bird photo and animal photos i would like to share from my trip.

# On the way to Augrabies

# At Augrabies

# Wakkerstroom

# Memel

# Witsieshoek

#Golden Gate

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• sulamk
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 7 months ago #20939 by sulamk
sulamk replied the topic: Re: Bird trip from cape Town to Wakkerstroom area.
lovely photos as usual Philip! Yes we have been having a lot of rain in Wakkerstroom! I am going to be in Zimbabwe for the month of April hope to pick up a few lifers

• JGB
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 7 months ago #20984 by JGB
JGB replied the topic: Re: Bird trip from cape Town to Wakkerstroom area.
Lovely photos and congrats on the Red-chested Cuckoo, I know you have had your problems with them.......

Cheers,
Justin

• Birdlover
  • Birdlover's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 7 months ago #20992 by Birdlover
Birdlover replied the topic: Re: Bird trip from cape Town to Wakkerstroom area.

lovely photos as usual Philip! Yes we have been having a lot of rain in Wakkerstroom! I am going to be in Zimbabwe for the month of April hope to pick up a few lifers

Thanks, Wakkerstroom is still a awesome birding area even though the rain dampened birding a bit. Good luck in finding your birds in Zimbabwe.

Lovely photos and congrats on the Red-chested Cuckoo, I know you have had your problems with them.......

Thanks Justin. :D I did manage to see the Red Chested Cuckoo in Cape Town a couple of months ago. How do they say .. once you seee the bird you see it all the time.